Monday, September 12, 2005

Michael Totten, one of America's most important bloggers, is going to do a very brave thing.

Totten is probably the one blogger with whom I feel any kind of political affinity. A former left-of-center liberal, he was transformed by 9/11, - like so many others - and found himself supporting Bush and the war in Iraq. His blogs are seminal for those who truly seek to understand why Bush won in 2004 (a much better preoccupation than focusing forever on the religious right, which Europeans are so obsessed about).

His most seminal blog entry was one of the first to be picked up by a major newspaper. It is an elegant piece of writing, and captures the dichotomy of contemporary American political stances very well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to take too much time or space so let me just shortly comment on this Michael Totten's piece.

I can generally agree that Yanks don't give a rat's ass about the world out side of the good old US of A. To pin it on democrats, however, is a bit of a stretch. I promise to change my mind on this one, if only someone can convince me that the Bush-Cheney gang is actually a history and geography debating club.

What comes to non existing American conservatives in the Central America, I have five words for you: the United Fruit Company and Ronald Regan. Less said the better.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home